TheChocolateLife on Clubhouse - Week 20
Featured Topics for the Week of August 2~6. Episodes 20.01~20.05 (94~98).
Plan to start your day listening in and participating: Live From Brooklyn, NY and streaming globally ... it’s The Daily Open Chocolate Chat on Clubhouse! News, views, and wide-open conversations about topics in cocoa, chocolate, and more Weekdays starting at 10am EDT.
To make the most of your TheChocolateLife on Clubhouse experience don’t forget to:
- Become a member of TheChocolateLife.com. There is a free member tier, but paid membership options are available and your support is greatly appreciated.
- Follow me – @discoverchoc – on Clubhouse.
- Follow me – @discoverchoc – on Instagram.
- Spread the word by adding a quote or thought you had about a room as a comment to that day’s IG post and/or here on TheChocolateLife (you do have to be a member to comment).
Monday – What Makes a Cacao Heirloom?
What is the process of deciding a cacao is “heirloom?” What makes an heirloom cacao excellent? What becomes a legendary cacao?
Tuesday – The Cocoa Agroforestry Library
Rescheduled, with Featured Guest Dr Christopher.
The Natural Way of Farming: The Theory and Practice of Green Philosophy by Masanobu Fukuoka (Buy on Amazon and support TheChocolateLife)
The One-Straw Revolution: An Introduction To Natural Farming by Masanobu Fukuoka (Buy on Amazon and support TheChocolateLife)
Lo mejor abono es los pies del dueno de la finca.
The best fertilizer is the footprints of the owner (caretaker) of the land.
— h/t Thomas Forbes
Wednesday – Warm Weather Shipping
Recylable standup pouch source (UK – h/t DGH)
“It may be possible to engage student researchers in university packaging programs to test the thermal properties of a shipping system to optimize it – often very inexpensively.”
— Russell/Packaging Scientist.
Thursday – Deep Dive: Roasting
The photo for the IG post for this room (see the gallery below) was taken in Mexico on my first bean buying trip with Shawn Askinosie. This is an actual gas-fired roaster we saw in a small chocolate factory in Tapachula.
The Chemistry of Cocoa (view/download .XLS)
Effect of Cocoa Roasting Time on Volatiles Composition (view/download .PDF)
Friday – Edibles: Cannabis/Hemp/Psilocybin
With Featured Guests Sandra Lee, Dave Owens & William Zitser
Cannabis Edibles Primer (.PDF h/t Sandra for compiling)
Ardent Nova Portable Decarboxylator (h/t William, Amazon link)
LĒVO II – Herbal Oil/Botanical Decarboxylator (Amazon link)
– your purchase using an Amazon link helps support TheChocolateLife.
What We’re Working on For Future Rooms
- Monday, August 9th – Deep Dive: The Cut Test
- TUESDAY, AUGUST 10th is our 100th episode of The Daily Open Chocolate Chat on Clubhouse! Topic: The next 100 episodes.
- Wednesday, August 11th – Going Slave-Free: Lessons Learned
- Thursday, August 12th – How Awards Programs Fail Us
- Friday, August 13th – “You’re lucky, He’s lucky, I’m lucky, we’re all lucky!” (10 points for the first person to identify the source of this pop-culture reference; 10 more points for correctly identifying who says it.)
- Day TBD – What’s Up With ...? The spotlight is on club co-admin David Greenwood-Haigh in this new series that takes a look at the chocolate-related educational, authorial, and other activities of TheChocolateLife on Clubhouse members.
- Day TBD – Cottage Food Laws (h/t Thomas Forbes).
- Day TBD – A Lighter Side: Chocolate in Movies, Musicals, & Comics. From Willie Wonka to Chocolat to Spiderman villains the Universe and beyond! (h/t DGH).
Help The TCL/CH Community Grow!
- Please share and or all of the following images in your social media feeds!