Hi, Can anybody help me with chocolate croissants (Pain ou Chocolat)

Hi All, Can anybody help me with chocolate croissants (Pain ou Chocolat)
I am looking for a chocolate croissant that oozes with thick chocolate in the middle. I tried ganache, but this bakes out. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers John, New Zealand

Archived Comments

thanks for your suggestion. I am already using batons but I have also seen chocolate croissants where the chocolate oozes out. They may have injected Gamache into them after they are baked. Cheers John


Croissant makers rely on specially-formulated chocolate “batons” (sometimes referred to as “baking sticks”) specifically made for baking pain au chocolat and similar items.

I just did a quick Google search and Belcolade, Cacao Barry, Callebaut, and Valrhona among others make them, so it should be just a matter of contacting your local supplier of flour, sugar,butter – and chocolate – and seeing that they have to offer.

An NZ distributor that showed up in my Google search: http://www.reso.co.nz/brand/callebaut

You've successfully subscribed to The Chocolate Life
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access to The Chocolate Life
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.
Success! Your billing info is updated.
Billing info update failed.